Absolute Linux 14.2.2 is a powerful and open source flavor of Linux Operating System with many advanced features. This free download is a standalone ISO image of Absolute Linux for both 32-bit and 64-bit.
Absolute Linux 14.2.2 Overview
Linux is a widely used operating system which is completely free and open source. Absolute Linux is one of the most powerful modifications of Slackware Linux. It is a very lightweight environment and users don’t need worry about the system resources. It is very light on system resources and provides a fully featured environment with enhanced multimedia support. Unlike other Linux releases, Absolute can only be installed, it does not have a live environment. Through a single ISO image and you can burn it to a single CD. It comes up for both 32-bit and 64-bit environments.
Moreover, you can also add extra kernel parameters to boot option as it is text based. Similar to the traditional installation you just need to hit enter to start the installation. It has a text-mode installer which is a little bit complex but it is user-friendly, once you get it you will never feel stuck. An auto setup is provided so that you can easily configure different options and settings. Most of the Linux releases has Xfce desktop environment which is very easy to understand. With a wide range of open source applications which are also very light on the resources.
Features of Absolute Linux 14.2.2
Some of the features of Absolute Linux are:
- Very easy to use with Xfce Desktop Environment
- Light on system resources
- Modification of Slackware Linux
- Open-source and completely customizable
- Installation for both 32-bit and 64-bit architecture
- Enhanced multimedia support
- Allow passing kernel parameters to boot menu
- Text-based boot menu ad installer
- Allow configuring advanced settings
- Different open-source applications and much more
System Requirements for Absolute Linux 14.2.2
Before you download Absolute Linux, make sure that your system meets the given requirements
- Free Hard Disk Space: 5GB of minimum free space required
- Installed Memory: 256 MB of minimum RAM required
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 or later
Absolute Linux 14.2.2 Free Download
Click the below link to download the standalone setup of Absolute Linux 14.2.2 for both x86 and x64 architecture. It is compatible with all the new and older computers architecture.