This Download of Genymotion Android Emulator is for Windows 64/32 bit. Genymotion is the fastest Android emulator which takes little or no time to load the virtual Android device.
Overview of Genymotion Android Emulator
Genymotion Android emulator creates virtual Android device. This tool is widely used in Android development. You can create as many devices as you want. As Genymotion Android Emulator can create different Android virtual devices with different Android versions and screen sizes so the developers can test their Android applications on different platforms. Android Studio provides AVD (Android Virtual Device) manager to create different virtual devices, but the problem with AVD is that it is slow and shares the memory with Android Studio. If you use AVD and your system is not so much efficient, then AVD slows down Android Studio.
In Android Development when the developers want to check the compatibility of their Android applications on different devices then all the developers can’t afford separate Android devices. Although the performance differs as compared to the real devices but Genymotion is a free tool. So the device performance can be compromised for cost effective development.
Genymotion is based on OpenGL. The basic reason behind the success of Genymotion Android emulator is its performance. You can also run applications that need 3D performance.
Features of Genymotion Android Emulator
Genymotion Android emulator provides a bundle of features which include:
- Create multiple Android devices with different screen sizes and Android versions.
- Much faster than Android Studio’s AVD.
- Android Studio automatically connects with Genymotion emulator.
- Based on OpenGL.
- User-friendly interface.
- Easy APK installations through Drag and Drop in Genymotion Virtual Device.
- Free tool for Windows.
System Requirements for Genymotion
Before you install Genymotion, you should fulfill these system requirements.
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/8.1/10 or vista
- RAM (Installed Memory): Minimum 2GB
- Free Disk Space: 1GB for installation and single virtual device
- OpenGL 2.0 supported system with Virtualization Technology or AMD-V enabled.
You must be logged into Genymotion (needs an easy to create Genymotion account) to create and run virtual devices.