Knoppix is an open-source GNU Linux software which provides a Live environment with many advanced features and optimized hardware support. This free download is a standalone Live ISO image of Knoppix 8.6 Live DVD setup.
Knoppix 8 Overview
Among a variety of Linux releases Knoppix is one with powerful features and many advancements and Live environment and a variety of free apps to fulfill all the needs of users. It is basically designed in English and German as its developers are Germans. It supports complete desktop environment with USB, Graphic Cards which boots an existing Operating System and run a memory test before starting the Live environment. Moreover, this version of Linux provides a friendly user interface with KDE modern eye-catching environment. A variety of open source apps is already installed into this version.
Minimum requirements for this operating system is an AMD or Intel processor with very small amount of resources as it is a very lightweight OS and does not consume much of CPU power. Its default applications include an office suite i.e. OpenOffice, Firefox browser, GIMPimage editing tool, MPlayer to play all the media and various other tools for securing data, network, and system repairing tools and much more.
Features of Knoppix 8
Knoppix 8 has many advanced features including
- Understandable User Interface
- Portable Operating System
- Lightweight operating system
- Live DVD run directly without installation
- LXDE desktop environment
- Supports graphics card, CD/DVD drive, USB disk and other basic devices
- Wide range of open-source applications
- GIMP image editing tool
- Firefox and more
- Includes Data rescue and system repair tools
- Recover data from damaged hard drive
- Many other advanced features and tools
System Requirements for Knoppix 8.6
Before you download and install Knoppix, make sure that your system meets the given requirements
- Installed Memory: 128 MB of minimum RAM required (512MB recommended)
- USB-drive or CD/DVD player
- VGA card
- Processor: Intel or AMD single core processor or higher
Knoppix 8.6 Free Download
Click the below link to download the standalone installer of Knoppix latest version for x86 and x64 architecture. It is compatible with all the older and newer desktop environments.