Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 is the sixth release of open-source Linux server in the 6.x series as an enterprise level and more secure & reliable than other releases. This free download is the standalone setup of Red Hat Linux 6.6 for x86-64 architecture.
Red Hat Linux 6 Overview
For Linux lovers, Red Hat is the most popular and stable release with all the necessary options to handle your server and the computer. A very friendly and intuitive environment users can easily get their hands on this version of Linux. Among all the other releases of Red Hat Linux Linux 6.6 most reliable and secure Linux release. It is specifically designed for mission critical systems with all the industry standards. In addition, it delivers a very high-end environment for either cloud or physical. This powerful release also focuses on the virtualization technology to fulfill all the requirements for the business.
Moreover, some improvements are also made in this release including kernel locking for more efficient consumption of system and CPU resources. It is a very lightweight environment for both server and desktop systems. There is a wide range of applications are present to increase the usability factor. Some of the applications included in this release are Mozilla Firefox, LibreOffice, Mozilla Thunderbird, GIMP, K3B, Inkscape, etc. Furthermore, it also supports MariaDBm PostgreSQL, OpenSSH, OpenJDK, OpenSSL, Samba, PostFix, Pearl, Python, PHP, Qt, and SystemMD in the server edition.
Features of Red Hat Linux 6
Some of the features of RHEL 6.6 are:
- Lightweight and a very friendly environment
- Stable and reliable release of Red Hat
- Supports Virtualization along with Cloud
- Designed for mission critical systems
- Improved Kernel locking for efficient CPU consumption
- Different open source applications
- Perfect environment for desktop and server
- Many other advanced options and features
System Requirements for Red Hat Linux 6
Before you download Red Hat Linux, make sure that your system meets the given requirements
- Free Disk Space: Minimum 10 Gb of free disk space required
- Installed Memory: 2 GB of minimum RAM Required
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 or higher
Red Hat Linux 6 Free Download
Click on the below link to download the standalone setup of Red Hat Linux 6 for x86-64 architecture. It is the most reliable and efficient release of Red Hat Linux.