Eraser is a powerful utility application for files shredding with different advanced file removing options and features. This free download is a standalone installer of Erasing tool for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit.
If you want to get rid of any file or folder you can use Eraser. It provides an easy to use and lightweight environment for user convenience and eats up a very tiny amount of system resources. Drag and drop feature allows you to perform any operation very easily. It has 4 advanced algorithms for the secure deletion of files. This wonderful tool is freeware and handy for wiping out free space. It integrates itself into the context menu for easy shredding of files.
Moreover, it overwrites the location of the data several times so that the file can not be recovered from any possible way. The overwriting patterns are based on Peter Guttmann’s paper Secure Deletion of Data. It supports both the magnetic and SSD (Solid-State Device). In addition, you can also define custom overwriting methods. Schedule tasks and perform many other operations.
Features of Eraser
Some of the features of this secure erasing tool are:
- Lightweight tool
- Secure files deletion
- Freeware tool
- Shred unwanted files and folders
- Drag and drop support
- Different advanced algorithms for removal
- Several rewriting features
- Right-click to delete file
- Supports both SSD and magnetic drives
- Custom overwriting feature
- Schedule deletion tasks
- Based on Peter Guttmann’s paper Secure Deletion
- Force erasing feature
- Effective and delete shredding
- Many other advanced options and features
System Requirements for Eraser
Before you download Eraser, make sure that your system meets the given requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- Free Disk Space: 20 MB of free space required
- Installed Memory: 256 MB of RAM required
- Processor: Single Core Processor or higher
Eraser Free Download
Click the below link to download the standalone installer of Eraser for Windows x86 and x64 architecture. It is compatible with all the latest and older releases of Windows OS.